top of page
Please send plans, maps, and other required documents for your permit to
Permits need to be submitted 10 days prior to monthly board meeting. 
Per: BRRWD Rules and Regulations Page 9, Section 3.2 (E).

What kind of projects don’t require a permit?
Normal ditch/culvert maintenance, but keep the work to the original installation specifications.

​Why do I need a BRRWD permit?
The BRRWD has jurisdiction over drainage activities in parts of Clay, Wilkin, Becker, and Otter Tail Counties. Our job is to oversee and coordinate drainage activities to make sure that your project does not impact other residents/landowners, and also to help landowners use sound water management practices to avoid erosion/siltation problems in our waterways/wetlands.

Is there a charge for a BRRWD permit, and do they expire?
No there is no charge and Permits are good up to one year after the BRRWD approves the application. Check with the BRRWD office if you have not completed your project within that time frame. We are always willing to work with landowners regarding the successful completion of permitted projects.

What other agencies require permits?
Agencies that also might be involved with permitting issues for projects could include the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), the Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), Army Corps of Engineers (COE), County Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCD), County Water Planners, and Minnesota Wetland Conservation Act (WCA) Administrators. Certain townships and counties have zoning regulations governing various types of activities.

bottom of page